This is our Investment Philosophy which describes our approach to investment management and advice.
As a firm of Chartered Financial Planners, we firmly believe that:
1. Investment success comes from the consistent application of a robust process.
2. Diversification using mainstream asset classes can reduce risk without destroying returns.
3. The bulk of long-term returns come from an asset allocation strategy.
4. It is possible to add extra value through tactical asset allocation decisions and fund selection.
5. Investment decisions should relate to financial planning objectives.
6. Trying to time the market is a strategy doomed for failure.
7. The ‘best’ funds display consistent risk-adjusted returns combined with low charges.
8. There might be surprises just around the corner, but history informs the most likely long-term outcome.
9. Active management and passive strategies can both play a valuable role.
10. Investors should know and understand the reasons for investing in every part of their portfolio.
When we make investment recommendations for our clients, they are always based on this investment philosophy.